Sunday, March 13, 2011

My Blog World

Before I launch into giving you  some really good sites to look at, I just want to mention that there is an exercise in Jane Davila and Elin Waterston's Art Quilt workbook, which covers very similar territory to the idea I talked about in my last post, Synthesesia.  There are some really good emotive words to get you thinking along the lines of colours and feelings, but don't forget to include some other senses like taste, sound etc.

As a blogger, I spend a lot of time reading blogs, seeing what other, like minded people are doing, and what is going on in the creative world.
Here are a few excellent blogs to visit:

Twelve by Twelve An excellent project involwing twelve out-of-the-box quilters
Collage Journey by Constance Rose is a great inspiration with regular new collages
Melanie Testa is a wonderful artist whose journey is inspirational
Blue Moon River by Susan Brubaker Knapp is a great site full of inspirational work
Carla Sonheim's Snow ball journals are full of fun and inspiration for even the most lacking in confidence
Wednesday Night Live at C&T publishing is a great show full of fun projects

That should be enough to get you going, but I have over 200 blogs and average reads of 50 each night, so I'll keep you posted on more

Tomorrow, I'll be back at work with a new project tutorial for you and  in the coming weeks I will be looking at:
  • fabric bowls
  • dyeing batting
  • lutradur
  • burning and distressing fabric
  • more fme stitches
  • printing on bondaweb
Leave a comment if you would like me to show anything in particular.  I'm always up for a challenge.
As well as these tutorials I will be teaching online in the near future, so get your preferences in!