Monday, June 25, 2012

Inner excavate along 1

I have not posted for a while, so here's a post from another blog I started for journals, but I decided two blogs is a bit too much, so I am reposting it here.

for week 1 of  inner excavate along, I used my hands as my photographic focus and wrote about them.  Then I made it into a slide show.

I am only a week behind ;-).  My photos and those of others can be found here

Friday, June 15, 2012

How to procrastinate

Well, that is what I have been doing.  Because my project wasn't finished, I haven't posted, and it's still not finished. 
Time to just do it!
It all started with one of my many scrapbaskets, lol
Some batting and interfacing
put some colour down
Some sheer scraps
scatter the sheers
cover it all with tulle
 do some free motion meandering in the sky
Some uppy downy bits in the grassy area
Horizontal zig zags in the mountains
 couch yarn for the tree trunk
Fill in the trunk with more yarn
some heatgunned synthetics for foliage
sew down most of the foliage
Don't forget to stop and add some branches over the foliage to give depth
Add the last bits of foliage over the ends of those branches.... and

you're nearly finished.  Just have to decide how to embellish the foreground -a few flowers and grasses, but how will I do it, free motion, hand embroidery, something else? 

More cogitation neccesary.

Happy sewing

ooh, or maybe beads? or pebbles, ......ribbons.......

Saturday, June 2, 2012

One UFO bites the dust

Today's ATC is a by product of the journalling I've been doing lately.  I have been putting ATC sized cards on my table around what I've een working on and seeing what the overspray and splats give me.  This bird came from a suggestion of a tail and some white space.  He could have been a pidgeon, but somehow, I thought he might be a snowy kestrel so I gave him a little hooked beak.

Now to my UFO.  I have been working on a double wedding ring on and off for about four years.  And today I finally finshed piecing the top.  (don't look too closely, it has not been pressed and has spent long periods of time screwed up and shoved down the bottom of the cupboard)
This is about two thirds of it.  The bottom of it is off the bottom of the bed. 
And here's a closer look at the fabrics.  It was the main fabric that I started with, then I chose the crimson and blue (there is some blue in the floral) to make the rings.
I must say, I'm glad it's done and I love it, but four years is a long time to spend on a quilt.  And now I will be spending the winter quilting it  (I am going to hand quilt it. :-o)

Have a great weekend