Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Quick collage

OK, so I missed last week.  But I'm getting into the rhythm.
This week's fabric collage is using sheer applique and is inspired by the techniques used by Melanie Testa and Deborah Boschert.
So without further ado.

Here is the video of the process.

And below is a step through of what I did.
I started with a variety of different fabrics, handyes, monoprints, batting, chiffon, satin, baby wipes, lace, in violet and green (my favourite combination)

I arranged them to my satisfaction, then free motioned them down.
You probably can't see the stitching, but there is quite a lot there.
This is the design I drew to applique my chiffons down.
If you look really closely, you can see the first leaf free motioned and trimmed at the top left.
And here are all the leaves free motioned and trimmed in different coloured chiffons.
 A close or two up of my very 'free' stitching, lol.
I then couched a variegated yarn onto the spiral stem with gold thread, then added some beading.
And here is the finished piece.
And a few close ups of the embellishments.

Hope you enjoyed the process as much as I did.

Happy creating