Thursday, January 9, 2014

A bit of needlefelting

I have had a bit of a play around with some sari silk thread which I had lying around
I dyed some bits and pieces with ink.
here a some of the bits.  It is very lustrous and shiny and yummy
I did one of my collage a day foundations with it.
You can see it would be wonderful for landscapes, so I made a few little ones.
This one is a very simple one, but what I love is the white bits at the top that look a bit like clouds and the way I have frayed the bits at the bottom and they look like grass.
In this one I have again used the little white patches as clouds and all the leafy bits at the bottom are just my offcuts from the others.
This one is my favourite and I know I will be stitching on it very soon.  I even used some little threads of the sari silk, to make a few reeds.

Happy creating!