Sunday, June 1, 2014

Another collage

Since I enjoyed making the fabric collage (or more correctly embellishing) yesterday, I decided to do another one.
The foundation I chose was one with pieces of three monoprints, which again, I forgot to  photograph first.
I started by ironing some green chiffon onto fusible, then cutting out gum leaf shapes (My favourite).
I peeled the shapes off and fused them to the collage.
Then free motion stitched around them ( click to see the detail)
The contrast was very low, so....
I cut some out from a sheet of fusible backed baby wipes (If you know me, you will know I have a huge stash of these, which have been coloured from cleaning up after painting and often use them in my collages)
I fused and stitched those down, but I wanted more, so......
I stamped a leaf on top with black acrylic. This is a stamp made from fun foam I made quite a while ago.
I stitched around these stamps as well
Now for the hand stitching.
Here I am adding french knots around the appliques, and seeing this picture, I changed from this little hoop to my big standing frame.  It is easier to make nice french knots when you have two hands free, and of course it is quicker.  I will probably add other french knots in other colours further away from the leaves, but at present, I am just adding contrast.

Happy Creating!