Saturday, August 22, 2015

Journal Quilts 2015 no 3

The finished journal is above.  As you see, I do not bother about binding my squares.  For me, there are a bout experimenting and playing, and not about whether or not I can make a binding.  They have, in the past and will in the future form an important reference for me.

So, here's what I did
I started with a piece of batting and some furnishing fabric
Some green chiffon
A piece of felt, and a piece of painted baby wipe.  Now, in the beginning, these were circles which I had cut with my die cutter ages ago, but I decided I liked leaves better.  I spent a bit of time thinking about the backing fabric and whether i should now change it.
I took a piece of scrap fabric and used a black marker to turn the circles into leaves.   Hmm, that gave me an idea.
 I used some free motion embroidery scribble to do the same on my journal.
As you can see, as usual, I got quite involved and forgot to take photos!  but above all the free motion is finished and the extra bits are added.
And here it is done, with a lot of hand running stitch added.
I have another one waiting in the wings as well!


Happy creating!